Despite it already being February, I’ve decided that it’s time to set myself some reading goals for 2015. I’ve been in a bit of a reading slump lately, so maybe some goals will help me get back on track.
- Read 50 books — This was also my goal for 2014, but I was just shy with 48. I’m determined to reach 50 this year! Because reasons. I don’t know. I like that number. I’ll bump it up later if I’m rockin’ it.
- Read 8 classics — I’m using the word ‘classics’ somewhat loosely so that it includes children’s classics as well. I have three shelves of beautiful editions just sitting in my room waiting for me to finally pick them up.
- Reread the Harry Potter series! — I haven’t reread them in years, so I really want to get back into that world. And it’s Harry freaking Potter. Do I really need another reason? No. The answer is no.
- Finish 5 series — These can be either series I’ve already started or ones that I begin this year. Obviously, finishing up series that I’ve already started is preferable, but I’ll end up reading whatever I’m in the mood for.
- Listen to 4 audiobooks — Audiobooks are a nice change of pace, so I’m going to try to listen to them more often. And checking them out from the library is the easiest thing ever, so I don’t really have any excuses. (Well, besides my tendency to fall asleep when I listen to them before bed.) But yeah, audiobooks.
I think those are all pretty manageable. Does anyone have any other suggestions for reading goals that have worked for you? I’d love to hear ’em!
Cheers to a splendid year of reading!